This post may contain affiliate links. Full disclosure here.
If I’m spending my hard earned cash, I want to make sure I am able to take the time to really find presents that I think the recipient will love. There is nothing worse than just buying anything so you can mark that person off your list, right before seeing them for the holidays or other gift giving occasions.
So this past week I started to brainstorm gift ideas, especially for those hard to shop for individuals on my list. I’ve broken these gift ideas into categories for the: grown up kid, stressed out parent, blogger, book worm, sophisticated drinker, foodie, sports fan, traveler, little ones, and littlest ones.
If you’re looking for the categories of the techie, young at heart,recent empty nester, home-body, the runner, the jokester, the one with no space, the one who is always cold, animal lover, and the new adult as well as my favorite find of 2016 check out Gift Ideas for The Extra Impossible People on Your List!
If my family is reading this… well I apologize if some of your gifts in the future may be spoiled…
Before you can make someone else happy, you need to be happy yourself. That is the saying, right? Well I’m going to pretend that is also the case for gift buying.
- Personalized Coloring Books From Your Own Photos – With coloring books all the rage this year, I’m offering a service to turn your favorite photos into coloring books! Check it out.
For the Grown-Up Kid
- Lego Advent Calendar – Advent calendars were always so fun when I was younger. And now they make some seriously fun ones, like a Lego one. Each day it comes with a small scale model or figure.
- A Board Game – everyone has the classics, but there are so many different board games these days. To say my husband and I have a good sized collection of them would be an understatement. A few of our favorites that are harder than the classics, but still easy to learn are Catan and Dominion.
- A Video Game – I used to think video games were just for kids, but the older I get, the less I feel very “adult” anyway. Now I’m just a kid who has less time for things like video games. But I will admit, when I do sit down to play every so often, it’s usually fun and stress relieving. If someone on your list has a WiiU, I would highly recommend picking up Mario Maker. It’s a game where you can build your own side-scrolling Mario levels, like the old days, and play them as well as play others levels.
For the Stressed Out Parent
- Aromatherapy – I’ve been hearing so many good things recently about essential oils. And what parent wouldn’t want to feel like they have a spa in their bathroom? I haven’t tried this diffuser before, but I have a friend who loves it and I may pick one up this year as a gift. Stress candles are also amazing.
- An Amazing Coffee Pot – Ok, I’m not a stressed out parent yet, but I swear the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer is the best coffee pot in the world. I’ve been through many machines sadly, until this one. This is honestly one of our favorite gifts from our wedding. It makes a strong pot of coffee quickly and it allows for you to brew just a cup or mug without any of those horrible pods. You just throw some grounds in the reusable filter on the side. I love it. We’ve been using this machine multiple times a day for the past 4 years and it’s still kicking like it’s new.
- Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote– Whether this is for the kids or parents to enjoy (or likely both), this would be a great gift for a whole family. It connects to your TV’s HDMI port and is an easy way to enjoy over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO GO, and Hulu, plus games, music, and more.
For the Blogger in Your Life
- A Planner – Any planner will likely be appreciated. I finally picked up one for 2015 just for the last few months because that is how badly I needed one. But if I don’t receive one for Christmas this year (hint, nudge) I will likely grab this one.
- A Blogging Book – I just downloaded this one for free (and you can too!) but it is also available in paper back.
For the Book Worm
- A Book – yup. Or you could go above and beyond and get them a signed copy of a book. I had no idea until recently that Target carries signed copies of books on their website.
- Humans of New York – I know I’ve mentioned this book before, but I truly love the whole concept of HONY.
- Cute Book Ends – like this wiener dog set. How cute is that?
For the Sophisticated Drinker
- Whiskey Stones – My husband keeps trying to get me to like “good alcohol” but I just can’t seem to. However, I have learned a few things during my tastings. And I know watery alcohol is bad alcohol.
- Their Favorite Drink with Fancy Glassware – sometimes the best gift is the obvious one. Adding in a few fancy glasses with a ribbon and a basket can really make this a great gift.
- A Fancy Wine Rack – My favorite kind of wine racks are ones that look like sculptures. They are pretty with or without wine on them. I spotted this one recently and really love it.
- Cordless/Rechargeable Wine Bottle Opener – These may seem unnecessary, but let me tell you, they work amazingly and they’re really great to have around. Especially during parties. What? You didn’t go through 21 bottles of wine at your last party?
For the Foodie
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer – in their favorite color of course. These stand mixers are a staple in anyone’s kitchen who loves to cook and bake.
- A Large Crock Pot – I don’t know what I would do in the winters without my crock pot. Probably eat a lot of Ramen for dinner. And by having this large one I am able to make a couple days worth of food all at once.
- A&B American Style Pepper Sauce Set – I don’t know about you, but everyone in my family loves spicy food – so assorted pepper sauce bottles are generally in at least one individual’s pile of gifts each year. I haven’t tried this set myself yet, but it’s on Oprah’s favorite things this year so I’m itching to give it a try! You can see all the flavor options HERE.
For the Sports Fan
- A Jersey or T-shirt with Their Favorite Team – obviously. But did you know that Target.com has a whole fan shop area? With every major sport and team available, you can easily find what you’re looking for.
- Beers on Tap at Home – What sports fan wouldn’t love to have beer on tap for their next big game?
For the Traveler
- The Stars – Greater Skies will create a rendition of the stars and planets as they were on any given date, over any given location. Perfect for any nostalgic traveler! You can order yours HERE or read my post with more details HERE.
- A Scratch Off Map – I love these. The whole map comes as one color and you can scratch off each country and state as you visit. I plan on grabbing one for myself down the road. The Luckies of London Scratch Mapis the one I have my eye on.
- A SwissGear Backpack – Why SwissGear? Because they make the best backpacks. Seriously. I got one in high school and have been using it ever since. It has the perfect amount of pockets, it’s strong, and it’s been all over the world with me.
For the Little Ones
- Art and Craft Supplies – I’m all about gifts for kids that are fun but also educational. Art supplies are the best. I may love this giant bucket of craft suppliessimply because of the name…
- Melissa & Doug Pattern Blocks and Boards– did anyone else have these as a kid in their classrooms? I loved these, and again, it’s a toy that can be very educational.
- A Little Passport – I came across this website recently and think it’s such a fun idea and would be a great gift. It is a monthly mail subscription that allows your child to “explore” the world and different topics. I have no experience with this site, but it looks great.
For the Littlest Ones
- The BEST Pacifier – I know I don’t have my own yet, however I learned very quickly from my newborn photography job that not any pacifier will do. THIS is the best – it has also been verified recently by a new mother friend of mine.
- Infantino Grow-with-me Activity Gym and Ball Pit – Maybe my baby fever is a bit too high, but this looks so cute and fun to me! It changes as the baby grows and eventually turns into a small ball pit. Love it.
- A Robe – Am I the only one who loves those baby robes with the hoods? This shark one is so cute!
Looking for unique and affordable stocking stuffer ideas for the whole family? Check out my post HERE.
Shopping for New Parents?
Short on Cash?
Make sure to also check out Non Cheesy Free or Almost Free Gift Ideas!
Do you have someone difficult on your list to shop for?
Follow Me on: